chris French

In message , Andrew
Mawson writes

"chris French" wrote in message
In message , Rob

Morley
writes
In article , "chris French"
says...

So I'm looking for some sort of wireless lighting switch that can

switch
a relay or whatever in the ceiling to turn the light on and off.

I'm not
looking for a remote control type thing, i'd just leave that

lying
around the room and not be able to find it in the dark.

any recomendations

Use a pull cord switch.

I have though about that (sorry should have mentioned it in the

post),
but would prefer the wireless option if possible
--
Chris French

I bet that there has been wiring for a switch in the past. I'd get a
cable tracer / metal detector and search round the (door none hinge
side) for evidence. It wouldn't surprise me to find rolled conduit
that you could pull through.

in this situation I'm pretty sure there isn't, though I did think about
it - my cable detector is still stashed in box in the garage right now,
and I'm not lifting the bedroom carpet until I have to.

however, it seems that wiring for most electrical stuff was first
installed in this house in the 1960's - when it was sold in the 1960's
in had been in the same owner ship since the 1920's and still had the
range in the kitchen, gas lighting etc.

The previous owners bought it in 1983, I spoke to them about it when
viewing the house and they said it had not been there when they bought
the house, and they understood it hadn't been wired it at all.

Certainly no evidence of the old rolled conduit anywhere around the
house.
--
Chris French