Lobster

Christian McArdle wrote:

No. I owned part of a plane for a while and there's no way I (or my estate)
would have been able to afford to rebuild a demolished house, let alone pay
a million for each dead person. The share didn't cost the earth, either,
about 1000 quid for a 1/16. Obviously it was insured, but there was no legal
requirement to do so.

But wouldn't any claim have been against the syndicate who owned the
plane, thus it would be your total assets one could claim against, not
just an individual's.

Surely it would be more likely to be against the individual pilot who
had the misfortune to prang the plane; but having said that if it were
to demolish a building full of investment bankers or whatever, even a
1/16 share of the massive ensuing claim would be more than enough to
totally clean out the vast majority of individuals I would have thought.

Would love to know the answer to the OPs original question, BTW!!

David