Christian McArdle wrote:
Aircraft Strike??!! That must be the most incredibly unlikely thing
to insure against that I've ever heard of.

Not very likely, but it does happen.

Not to mention that any aircraft that happened to strike you would be
most definitely liable and almost certainly able to pay for the damage
(well the owners of the aircraft anyway).

Whilst the vast majority of aircraft are insured, there is, rather
unbelievably, no requirement for compulsory third party insurance for
aircraft.

.... but the requirement isn't that the plane is insured, it's that the
owner has enough money to pay your claim. It's his/her problem if
he's not insured. In general most people who own/fly planes will have
a reasonable amount of money I would have thought, unless they've
spent it all on buying the place of course.

--
Chris Green