Bill Janssen

lionslair at consolidated dot net wrote:

Ignoramus18077 wrote:

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 16:41:41 +0000 (UTC), Christopher Tidy
wrote:

http://www.mythic-beasts.com/~cdt22/stuff1.jpg

Obviously there are a pair of Bourdon pressure gauges (apparently
these look pretty weird under an x-ray scanner!) and one of those
Cold War era lamps I was talking about. Unfortunately the lamp glass
is broken, but I thought I'd pick it up anyway and try to find a
replacement. It looks like the glass has been sprayed red on the
inside, probably so that it could be used as some kind of signalling
lamp. Has anyone seen a lamp like this before?

I have seen them in the USSR. They used to use these in construction
sites for some purposes, I forgot which. Like marking cranes etc.

Naval lamps are like that. Right and left - :-) Christmas colors.

I have a Japanese lamp that is very close in design.

Martin

Ut is NOT a running light as they have light baffle's so that they can
be seen
at specified angles.

Bill k7NOM