Dave Hinz

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 18:18:47 -0700, Mike Fields wrote:

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message

But yeah, the I.C.E. thing sounds like a great idea. Hard to know if
it'll catch on - did you ever hear about the "put your important medical
records in the freezer in this special tube" thing? I didn't either,

Hadn't heard of that one,

Well, that's my point. Lots of seemingly great ideas just don't catch
on for whatever reason, while the people who do them assume everyone
else knows about it.

but here is a good idea for traveling --
if you have a digital camera, it probably came with a relatively small
memory card that you just toss in a drawer when you buy a bigger
one. Take that small card back out of the drawer and put scanned
copies of your passport and other stuff you want to have with you.
If you lose the real ones, you can get a copy back by taking that
card to any number of places and having them print out the .jpg
you stored on there. Keep the card where it will not get stolen.
(only good use I have seen for a 16 meg card). If you put the
important information in a zip file, you can password protect it
so others don't find it very east to get to if they find the card.

Not bad...

Dave Hinz