The Natural Philosopher

Can anyone suggest where I might find an 'intelligent' (i.e. delta V)
charger for single C and D sized cells?

I already have a Maha charger which charges 1 to 4 AA or AAA cells and
it's so convenient I want a similar charger for C and D cells. So far
all I can find are chargers that charge pairs of cells (always risky,
espcially if they're used singly) or rather expensive Ansmann
chargers.

Are there any other makers out there?

Yes. Go to a model shop. They sell chargers that can cope with 4-10
cells and also often have a socket for charging single glo-plug cells -
these are 1.2v D cells.

In fact the ordinaty Delta peak chargers of better quality will charge
single cells