Adrian C

chris French wrote:

So I'm looking for some sort of wireless lighting switch that can switch
a relay or whatever in the ceiling to turn the light on and off. I'm not
looking for a remote control type thing, i'd just leave that lying
around the room and not be able to find it in the dark.

One of those sound activated gizmo's? Clap your hands twice, or mutter
"let there be light!"?

any recomendations

Looking for disused cabling as suggested sounds a good idea though you
might find (if it's victorian) it's old unusable stuff (which you might
if lucky be able to use to pull through newer). I'd scout around in the
floorboards above to find out what kind of cable it is.

--
Adrian C