Mike Barnes

In uk.d-i-y, chris French wrote:
So I'm looking for some sort of wireless lighting switch that can
switch a relay or whatever in the ceiling to turn the light on and off.
I'm not looking for a remote control type thing, i'd just leave that
lying around the room and not be able to find it in the dark.

I'd look into X10 products. When I was looking for a solution to a
similar problem some time ago, I came across remote controls that are
designed to be stuck to the wall and look like (American) light
switches, rather than being hidden down the back of the sofa. I can't
tell you exactly *where* I saw them but Google should help.

It would be easier, and probably more convenient, to have this remote
control operate your existing free-standing lights - no need to install
a ceiling light. Prepare for a loud "clunk" whenever you switch them on
or off, though.

--
Mike Barnes