Doctor Drivel

"Capitol" wrote a load of old wives tales
in message ...

Doctor Drivel wrote brilliance:

Government grant of £1,000, because of its low emissions. It is a fund

and
when low you may not get the grant. If these other cars you are on

about
are as low as the Prius they would get the grant, but surprise,

surprise,
they do not, because they are not as low as the Prius.

Sounds like Nu Labur, tax
working people

snip irrelevant garbage on the best government ever known

The Prius is now being discounted
in the US.

New on me. The price is coming down now production is ramping up and lines
are becoming more automated. Once the production is up to speed, the Prius
should be cheaper than other cars as there are less mechanical parts. It is
"simpler" than a current IC engine/auto tranny.

It's also being investigated
for stalling on the highway

Stalling? The Prius groups don't mention it, so as usual probably not true.
Much propaganda is aimed at the Prius. One lunatic here thinks it does
21mpg, when I get over 55 mpg, and many others get over 60 mpg.

The new CVT transmission is
obviously an admission that the
previous version gearbox didn't work!

Doesn't have a CVT, no gearbox at all. The Mk 2 is VERY different to the Mk
1. So, much so they should have changed the name, but Prius was a great
name for reliability. Many of them are used as taxis in the US and Canada
and save the owners a fortune in running costs.

Some battery failures have
occurred in the US, but have been
replaced under warranty.

To my knowledge no batteries have been replaced under warrantee; made by
Panasonic.

Toyota are still losing money on
every one they produce,

Are you making this up? They are to up producrion from low volumes, more
hands on like sports cars, to full volume lines. It is to be made in the
USA and China demand is so great.

it's only in the market
as a sop to the pc brigade.

Tripe. It is a low emissions, high mpg mid sized car with similar
performance to similar cars.

Predictions are that with a £2K battery
replacement cost, there will be a very
poor aftermarket as it approaches
8yrs.

Well as none have been replaced under warrantee and the average life of
battery is 12 years, more like 15. that will not be an issue. See how much
a new auto tranny costs after 9 years.

Bigger batteries equal an even
higher maintenance cost!

Are you drunk? The batteries are maintenance free.

That's why the rental companies
are facing such high depreciation figures.

Few rental companies rent out the Prius. The reiduals are higher than
average. There is still a waiting list for them.

GM are backing hydrogen technology AIUI.

Are they? They are bringing out a raft of hybrids in about 6 to 9 months,
based on the Toyota gearboxless transmission.

What a load of old wives tales you come out with. Stop listening to drunks
in pubs.