Trevor

Default Thread Boxes

Hi all,

Maybe some here can help me. I am in the mists of making some book presses
and I am having trouble with threading the wooden spindles for the vice
jaws.

I have turned a tap on the metal lathe, but I am lost as how to secure the
cutter in the threadbox. I have cut the threads into the box but don't know
what angle to mount the v cutter or how to retain it.

I done a Google search awhile ago and found a good site with pictures and
detailed instruction for making a threadbox, but I didn't save the info.
Does anyone know of a site address, or have information on how I might
proceed with mounting the V cutter in the threadbox?

I know that I could probably buy one somewhere, but I like to make my own
tools. The spindle is 1 1/4' Dia 18" long, hardwood.

Many Thanks,

Trevor
Australia