Mungo Bulge

http://metalworking.com/DropBox/Rockwell_Bandsaw_00.txt
http://metalworking.com/DropBox/Rockwell_Bandsaw_01.jpg
http://metalworking.com/DropBox/Rockwell_Bandsaw_02.jpg
http://metalworking.com/DropBox/Rockwell_Bandsaw_03.jpg
http://metalworking.com/DropBox/Rockwell_Bandsaw_04.jpg
http://metalworking.com/DropBox/Rockwell_Bandsaw_05.jpg

That is one way, but not the way I'd do it. Keeping the original motor
and pulleys, I'd use a jack shaft with two suitable sized pulleys and
two belts to get the speed reduced by a factor of ten. Then I'd get a
metal cutting blade, some coolant and cut. The modifications should
cost you less than $100 so you could have a brand new Wood/Metal
bandsaw for $100 more than the price of a wood cutting bandsaw.

http://www.palmgren.com/palmgren/p-s...gbandsaws.html

| It's $1200 on Amazon (shipping included). It's a lot less than the
| cheapest Grizzly vertical metal saw (G8144 $2025 w. shipping) and
| don't plan on using it for wood. It seems like somebody should be
| selling a 14" saw for metal that would be maybe a $100 more than
the
| wood saws, but I can't find anything like that. I want to cut up
| maybe 3/4" aluminum plates and maybe some steel. I have 2
questions: