Harold and Susan Vordos

"Bob Chilcoat" wrote in message
I'm building a large wine cellar in the basement, and would like to make

it
reasonably fire resistant, since there will be a valuable inventory in
there. A proper steel (metal content) fire door and frame, new, from Home
Despot is around $300. What are my chances of finding one from a building
that's being gutted, or from a building materials salvage dealer in the

NYC
area? Any suggestions? Thanks

Sorry, no advice on your question, but do yourself a favor and investigate
industrial steel doors before you buy. They will be priced similarly, but
are a quantum leap better. I used Curries doors and frames in the
construction of our shop, and recommend them highly, especially after
purchasing a couple of metal clad doors for the interior. If I had it to do
over, I'd have never bought the metal clad ones. The slightest contact,
even with soft materials, yields creases in the ever so thin skin.

Harold