Jerry Martes

"gtslabs" wrote in message
oups.com...
Yes, this is what I was thinking would work. My pressure switches are
double pole or L1, L2, M1, M2. I had trouble figuring how to wire
these with 3 phase wires. I have one leg going directly to the motor
and the other 2 going thru the switch. Perhaps this is not the correct
wiring but I could not easily find a 3 pole pressure switch at
graingers.

Steve

I would have the idler switched thru a contactor and the compressor
switched thru a "Motor Stater", which has heaters in it to shut it down
when/if damaging current flows to the motor. With the contactors
carrying the load current, the pressure switches need carry only single
phase control current.

If you agree about using contactors but dont have the contactors, I could
be talked into sending you some 3 phase contactors. You'll be lucky if I
have a motor start contactor with the correct heaters. But, I do have some
contactors I'd send, if you want to use them.

I also have an overload supply of Alan Bradley industrial ON-OFF buttons
if you'd like to be able to enable/disable this system with push buttons.

Jerry