jim rozen

In article . com,
says...

I have been the business owner, or at least co-owner. And we let
employees use company resources. From our perspective helping the
employees was part of the compensation package. It was not as great a
package as we would have liked to have given them, but letting them use
a truck to move was something we could do at minimal cost to us.

IBM for example has a property pass system - if I want to borrow
any kind of tool or a computer, then if my manager signs off on
the pass, it is offically OK. As far as I'm concerned, nothing
goes out the door without that piece of paper stuck on it.

The funny part was for a while I was bringing *huge* amounts of
gear down to brookhaven national labs while we were setting up
an experiment. Computers, electronics, meters, tools, all kinds
of hardware. But I always had a signed pass for it all.

I was never questioned about it except for one single time. I was
driving by. He stopped and asked "do you have a property pass
for all this stuff?"

I answered "yep, have it right here" and went to drag out my notebook
with the pass staped inside. But he said, "OK, just checking, don't
bother about it."

Jim

please reply to: