Duane Bozarth

Ryan wrote:

THANK!

...Also, odd things occur like the kitchen microwave and stove
are on the same line as the guest room above it.

The stove had better be a dedicated 220V circuit...unless you're
meaning something other than an electric range???

That said, something is now even more wrong.

If the above is even remotely close to true, you have some serious
problems, agreed. Sounds like an abomination of previous "home
handyman"...

How can you loose power to half a room without a breaker tripping? I
am very nervous about this, but other than keeping everything off and
waiting for the electrician, I am unsure what else to do.

Lose of ground or other break somewhere in the feed...

You're doing the right thing--I would strongly recommend you get the
fella' to check the whole house while there. It sounds to me like your
situation is one that is ripe for a complete upgrade.

When did you purchase this house and was an inspection done at the
time? If recent, and depending on state disclosure rules, inspections
done, etc., etc., and the actual cause(s) of the problems, you just
might have some recourse against the seller...