Ryan

THANK!

Well, I did what you all asked right away, but haven't been able to
post.

The bad part is the house being old the circuit breaker box has all
kinds of names for things that don't make sense. Like there is a
breaker for "pool" when there is no sign in the yard there ever was
one, so I can't tell what it's referring to. Same with some other
circuits. Also, odd things occur like the kitchen microwave and stove
are on the same line as the guest room above it.

That said, something is now even more wrong.

The master bedroom has no power now to half of it including the outlet
the AC was in, the ceiling light, etc. The other half of the room works
fine. Even when all breakers are on, half of that room is now dead and
no breaker ever tripped. We did change the one plug where the sparks
were coming from, but that whole side of the room went dead.

We have unplugged EVERYTHING from those outlets, kept it off and called
an electrician, who can't come until Tuesday afternoon. We are now
sleeping in the guest room because of the no power/AC problem in the
master.

How can you loose power to half a room without a breaker tripping? I
am very nervous about this, but other than keeping everything off and
waiting for the electrician, I am unsure what else to do.