Doug Kanter

"Gort" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:
"Gort" wrote in message

Doug Kanter wrote:

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
y.com...

In article , "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

wrote in message
oglegroups.com...

"I'm 52. You've shocked me. I'm surprised you were an adult in the
period
between the REAL Bush's presidency and now, and somehow managed not
notice some contradictions to what YOU have said in the past day or
two. For
instance, we OWNED the borders of Iraq in almost total safety during
those
years. "

LOL And once again it's Doug Kanter doesn't have a clue as to what
he's talking about. He seems to equate age with knowledge, yet at 52
he
doesn't even know geography. The two borders that are the biggest
problem in Iraq are the borders with Syria and Iran. The US never
had
any control over those.

Age is relevant. If he'd said he was 22, then it would be possible he
was
still in the teenage stage of being oblivious during the first half of
the
1990s.

So what's *your* excuse for being so ignorant?

I take it you do not work in a profession which involves trying new
things, or you wouldn't have such doubts about what's possible and
what's not. You simply choose not to entertain the ideas to start with.
Stop some weapons from moving to the exact place we knew they'd go? Not
possible.

I'm curious as to what your Politically Correct justification for
interfering with trade between two sovereign nations would be.
The job of enforcing U.N. sanctions is the responsibility of the U.N. ,
not the U.S. They had, at least fleetingly, access.
That they failed to do anything at all is obvious.

You must've been busy or sleeping when we were flying missions into Iraqi
territory to enforce the no-fly zone. That was YEARS before the invasion.
Once we went that far, do you think the idea of "sovereign nation" meant
jack **** to anyone in Washington?

And, if we'd occupied a chunk of desert, stopped vehicles, and actually
found some with weapons which violated U.N. sanctions, we probably
would've looked golden to the rest of the world.

And you'd have been among the very first to bitch about "Empire Building".
At that time it was a U.N. problem. Remember the Sanctions?
Now you bitch that the U.S. didn't move, but just recently you bitched
that it DID.

Apparently, the subtleties of timing are something you don't understand.
Tell me: Did you hear much public complaining about the way we handled the
no-fly zones around Iraq for several years? No. You didn't. Why do you
suppose that is?