loutent

In article . com,
Never Enough Money wrote:

I'm in the market for a new dado blade? Anyone know the tradeoffs
between these? I read glowing reviews of the Infinity Tools' Dadonator.
Forrest has the reputation (and cost about $100 more). I'm replacing a
Freud, which I ruined accidentally by sliding my mitre across several
of the blades.....

TIA.

Hi NEM,

About 9 months ago I bought the Freud SD508 set. I was very
impressed at how much better it was than the Sears "Excalibur"
blade that had served well for 8 years. The Freud is very good.

About 6 weeks ago, I bit the bullet and bought the Forrest WWII.
I am amazed at how much better this blade is than any other
blade I have ever owned. Today I was "crosscutting" 3/4 oak ply with
this blade. I swear that it does just as well as the Freud laminate
blade that I paid $80 for. Plus, it will glue-rip 8/4 oak without a
problem.

What I am getting around to saying is that if I had to buy another
dado set now, with what I have experienced with Forrest blades, I
would spring for the extra $ and get that Forrest SD.

These blades are way beyond what most of us think of as "good".
I am retired, but a woodworking hobbyist for about 20 years, so
I have gone through quite a few blades.

If you can swing the $, get the Forrest. I will never buy another
brand of blade - period.

Don't know nothin' about the Dadonator.

Lou