Phisherman

I've found a few good plans in Life Books (at the library). The one
I'm thinking about has a backboard bench, free-standing woodworker's
bench, carving bench, and a few others. Another good book is by
Landis, "The Workbench Book." Actually, I designed my own and used
ideas from several sources. The height of the surface to the floor is
something to think about.

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 01:55:29 GMT, "Jon" wrote:

Hi all

I just moved into a new house and the basement is basically a blank slate.
I would like to make a bench approx 6ft long for working on and
miscellaneous things. I am not a carpenter by any stretch of the
imagination, so I am wondering if anyone has any plans for a very basic work
bench for a beginner carpenter.
Thanks for any input.