PDQ

"Buck Turgidson" wrote in message =
| Bought the little ones a redwood playset over the weekend. Given the
| expense, I'd like to protect the wood so it lasts, and so it will have
| some resale value, once they outgrow it.
|=20
| I'd prefer something not too toxic (i.e. latex).
|=20
| This will give you an idea of the set:
|=20
| http://www.rainbowplay.com/carnival_series_106.shtml
|=20
|=20

There are a whole host of finishes for the playset. Before you try any =
of them you might want to read what they have to say about it at =20

Wood Handbook
Wood as an engineering material. General Technical Report 113.
Madison, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest =
Products Laboratory. 463 p.

http://www.fpl.fs.fed.us/documnts/fp.../fplgtr113.htm

There is a section which deals with "Biodeterioration of Wood" and =
another on "Finishing of Wood" which will be of some interest to you. =
It certainly opened my eyes.

--=20
PDQ