Ron(UK)

orange wrote:
I have uploaded hires (1Mb each) photos he
http://orange.users.sbb.co.yu/Amiga/psu/P7180008.JPG
http://orange.users.sbb.co.yu/Amiga/psu/P7180009.JPG
http://orange.users.sbb.co.yu/Amiga/psu/P7180010.JPG
http://orange.users.sbb.co.yu/Amiga/psu/P7180011.JPG
http://orange.users.sbb.co.yu/Amiga/psu/P7180012.JPG
http://orange.users.sbb.co.yu/Amiga/psu/P7180013.JPG
http://orange.users.sbb.co.yu/Amiga/psu/P7180015.JPG
http://orange.users.sbb.co.yu/Amiga/psu/P7180016.JPG

could you tell me which one capacitor is most likely to be the cause?

It would be my guess that it`s one of the little orangey ones with the
black stripe under the silver heatsink, The type visible in pic 0011,
right on the edge of the board. Also look for one similar near the
chopper transistor - That`ll be the one on the black heatsink I reckon.

You`d really need to check all the electrolytics with an esr meter to be
sure. First off I'd get all that crap out of there if I were you, and
remember that there might be a charge stored in those 200 volt smoothers.

Ron

--
Lune Valley Audio
Public address system