Treedweller

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 11:31:41 -0400, "Mungo Bulge"
wrote:

Cool, I especially like the part about
UF Biotech Breakthrough Drives World's First Biomass-To-Ethanol Plant

"The new technology will allow ethanol to become economically
competitive with fossil fuels for the first time," he said. "Until
now, all the world's ethanol has been produced by yeast fermentation,
which converts sugars into ethanol, carbon dioxide and other
by-products."

Most of us biodiesel fans like the fuel for its ability to make use of
"waste bio materials" such as used vegetable oils, sugar cane
residues, rice hulls, forestry and wood wastes and other organic
materials.

I dunno, seems to me an awful lot of BD users are in it for the
political statement: use local fuel instead of importing, use
clean-burning fuel instead of garbage petrol, produce fuel locally
instead of trucking it all over the planet, and help farmers instead
of CEO's and emirs.

but I also believe the stock could be grown more effectively by
organic methods (thus no petrochemical fertilizers), using equipment
fueled by the fruits of their own labor (i.e., biodiesel). Maybe I'm
just a crackpot lefty with no sense of reality.