Bob Eager

Default Wiring Ring mains to MCBs in consumer units

On Fri, 28 May 2004 15:07:51 UTC, "Christian McArdle"
wrote:

does this mean that the circuits are effectively protected at (a chilling)
64A at the moment, or is the effect not quite that simple and liable to be
indeterminate?

It will be dependent on where the point loads are applied. It is protected
at between 32A and 64A. I suspect it would be much closer to 64A on an
average distribution of point loads.

(slaps head). Of course.... I was concentrating too much on the overload
if one MCB tripped. Wther one is tripped or not, it'll still overload!

--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...dump Windows!