Chris F.

"Andy Cuffe" wrote in message
On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 14:59:49 GMT, "Larry P"
wrote:

I would suggest
donating them to some church or society and they can sell them at their

next
rummage sale or fair. You would have done a great service for that group

and
possibly a Tax write-off

Even that is becoming a thing of the past. Church rummage sales are
quickly disappearing. I asked one local church why they stopped
having the huge rummage sale every year and they said it just wasn't
worth the effort any more. They make a lot more money for less work
selling crafts, pies and raffling things off instead of having the
rummage sale. Apparently people just don't buy used things any more
and they got stuck having to dispose of a lot of stuff.

I was to a church rummage sale a few weeks ago, it was the second week and
when I got there they were giving the stuff away for free, just to get rid
of it. And they still couldn't get rid of the stuff, including some nice
manual-tuned color TV's. Like I said, people have become so spoiled and
ungrateful that it's appalling. Someday we're going to be sorry!