Robert Bonomi

In article . com,
jtpr wrote:
I want to make a vase out of a piece of stone (don't know what kind,
found it at the beach). So I want to drill a hole in it for a few
flowers, and cut the bottom flat. This is not a big stone, something
to go on a desk with maybe 3 flowers in it.

Anyway, what blade should I use on my table saw and what bit in my
drill press?

Ones you're willing to ruin. along with the piece you're working on.

Stonecutting requires specialized tooling.

Similar to doing tile work.

flat cuts -- wet-saw with a diamond blade, and go _slow_,

drilling holes -- a diamond bit, and a goodly _flow_ of water (or "something")
to carry the "cut off" stuff away from the drilling surface. For anything
more than a trivial depth, you need to back out the bit FREQUENTLY, and flush
out the hole.