Mark Mossberg

Eddie

4 tooth "skip" as wide as the machine can take for a horizontal would work
good. You might want to think about mist coolant where the blade enters the
stock.

Mark

"Eddie" wrote in message
news
Hello,
I have a small Delta 4x6 horizontal band saw a Delta 14" wood band saw

that
I can slow down with DC or 3ph VFD.
I have some Al 6061 bar stock that's 3 x 6 x 36 that I need to cut up. I
checked out a great band saw book from the library last fall that gave me
lots of great info on setting up, speed, feed, blades, etc., but I can't
recall the blade info I need now.
What's a good blade tooth and size for this 6061 T6 Al alloy?
Would this same blade be as useful for other Al alloys?
I have some harder Al 2025 plate, etc that I will be cutting soon.
I would guess that I would get by fine with one blade size for almost any

Al
alloy but I'm not sure.
If anyone could share their knowledge with me regarding a good blade

choice
I would appreciate the courtesy.

Thank You,
Eddie