joe

EXT wrote:

RG 59 is not considered suitable for HD TV due to signal loss. RG 6 is the
current product to use for the best signal. Most noticable if you have a
good quality HD TV. For longer distances they recommend RG 12.

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
.. .

Walter R. wrote:

My house is 22 years old and was wired with RG 59 coax in the walls.

I ran into a problem with my RG 59 cables because they had too much
signal-loss for my cable modem.

I will have to replace the RG 59 with RG 6 for the cable modem. Do I
need RG 6 for HDTV or will HDTV work with RG 59 coax? (Hate to run
more wires through walls than absolutely necessary.)

I have RG 59 and no problems with my cable modem. I guess it depends.
I do suggest top quality splitters. The ones usually available to the
general public are junk. My RG 59 carries HD just fine.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

all we use is RG6 with quad shield