RBM

If the meter box has a main disconnect in it, you probably won't find a
bonding connection in the panel. If the main disconnect is in the panel, do
as Rick said and look for a screw or small jumper going into the neutral
buss
wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

I was checking the main panel at a cabin in the country I bought last
year and I have a question. The main panel is right below the counter,
and in it comes four wires: The two hots, the neutral, and an
unstripped ground which is tied to the ground bus in the panel.

I know that normally, in the main panel, the neutral must be connected
to the ground. But it isn't here. Maybe it is in the counter box, but
it's sealed by the utility and I can't open it to check. I can't find
out and I don't want to risk double-binding the ground.

Is there any way that I could check if the neutral is connected to the
ground without opening the counter box?

Thanks

Note: Please reply in the newsgroup. The e-mail used in this post is a
spam-collection address and I don't read it.