jon_banquer

Siggy wrote:
Don't know if the original post is a sales pitch in disguise or if it is
genuine but I will jump in and second Jon's statements about this being an
excellent book.

I'm not a pro so my perspective may be a bit different than a trained
machinist, but I would highly recommend this book to anyone looking to
improve their skills and be more effective in the shop.

BTW - Amazon.com has the book for only $26 and change instead of the $39
price most everywhere else.

Robert

Robert,

I do think the original post was a sales pitch and was done
anonymously... you learn to deal with that on usenet.

Bottom line is that it's an excellent book. Mr. Harvey's book would
have been a tremendous help to me when I got into the trade and I wish
it have been available back then.

Even now there are some tips that I can't wait to try and that I know
will be very helpful.

It's quite clear to me that Mr. Harvey knows his **** when it comes to
machining and has done machinists and others who care a big favor
publishing some of what he has learned over the years. I wish other
machinists would follow his example and document their art. I also hope
this is just the beginning for Mr. Harvey and he has more to offer.

Glad you liked the book.

jon