lionslair at consolidated dot net

Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:

"Eric R Snow" wrote in message
snip---

Lessee Grant, you have a plasma cutter and a lathe. Rough cut the
steel with the plasma cutter. Then put in your 5/8 hole accurately.
Then chuck a 5/8 dowell pin in the lathe leaving .350 sticking out.
Slide the plates on it. Use a live center to press a plate against
your stack of plates that you slid onto the dowell pin. Turn to size.
You need a pretty good live center for this. But pressure turning
works well and is fast to setup. Take light cuts so the plates don't
catch. I used to do a repeat job on an 18" swing lathe where I would
stack up 20 each of 1/4 aluminum rough cut plates. These plates did
not have through holes in the center. I just pressed them against the
chuck jaws with a live center to hold them for turning.
ERS

Yep! Works just fine. I've used that system for so many years I've lost
track.

Harold

Al cuts so nice with a plasma - vaporizes and powers the metal and it cuts.
I tried a small item on my CNC plasma - nice sharp edges.
Martin

--
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life