bz

"Chris F." wrote in
:

As a child in the 1980's, I was always fascinated with anything that
ran
on electricity. Whether it was a flashlight, a calculator, or a tape
recorder, I was always taking things apart to see how they worked, and
trying to repair them. I

the landfills are full, and the economy perhaps in turmoil. People may
once again turn to the electronic tech, looking for repairs of their
sets or to buy something used. But by then, such businesses will all be
long-gone. People will be left with nothing, and those of us who tried
to warn them today will just say "I told you so".
I look forward to your input on this subject; I'm guessing the vast
majority of you guys are going through the same thing.

I had a consumer electronics shop in the early 1970's and ran into the same
kinds of problem back then. I finally decided that I couldn't make a decent
living at it honestly and was unwilling to do it any other way and closed
the shop.

Strangely, many people have made a living at the business since then.
Perhaps they didn't have the same overhead problems I had. Or they didn't
have problems getting decent help. Or they didn't have problems with people
leaving fixed sets or giving bad checks.

If you do close, I have a suggestion as to what to do with the stuff you
have warehoused:

Donate it to charity. You might even work out a deal with them to let you
fix the stuff for them.

Good luck.

By the way, I need a bit of help:

I need the schematic [and other service information, if available] for a
1993 Zenith TV. model number SL3585BT, Serial Number 381-34431174

Sams Photofacts does not carry the model. Zenith does not have the
information. The supply house they refered me to does not have the
schematic. Perhaps someone knows of a similar chassis that would be
available and help me fix the set.

It is blowing a small, solder in fuse, that feeds the Horizontal and high
voltage sections. The fuse blows as soon as the set is turned on.

Willing to pay.

If you have information please email bz+tvinfo -at sign- chem.lsu.edu
in addition to posting here.

Oh. Since I closed the shop I have done many things, taught electronics,
fixed radars on ships on the river, fixed computers and instruments, and
since 1981, I have been the computer guru for our department.

--
bz

infinite set.

remove ch100-5 to avoid spam trap