NSM

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

In article MPG.1d42cb18ca280853989776@localhost,
Dr. Anton T. Squeegee wrote:
Be sure to invest in a good soldering station as well. Weller or
Edsyn come immediately to mind.

I'd say they're a bit expensive until it's certain it's going to be a
hobby. A cheap non temperature mains one will be fine for a start. It was
many years before I could afford one, but can't remember ruining even red
spots with the old one. ;-)

Dollar store one is fine. Better to teach them to use a hot iron quickly
than a cool iron slowly. I had a teacher at college who tried to explain
grad, div and curl to me (with no success) but admitted he'd burnt the
circuit foil off a car battery charger kit trying to solder it together!

However most of the kits referred to use spring connectors.