Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Andy Cuffe wrote:
Even that is becoming a thing of the past. Church rummage sales are
quickly disappearing. I asked one local church why they stopped
having the huge rummage sale every year and they said it just wasn't
worth the effort any more. They make a lot more money for less work
selling crafts, pies and raffling things off instead of having the
rummage sale. Apparently people just don't buy used things any more
and they got stuck having to dispose of a lot of stuff. Most thrift
stores around me won't take broken electronics any more. They also
won't take console TVs, console stereos, or computers even if they
work. Instead of selling broken electronics they just dumpster it.

In the UK, any secondhand electrical goods have to be safety tested by a
qualified person with the approved equipment before being put on sale -
even at a charity stall. And to get this done may cost more than the item
will fetch. It's called PAT 'testing' and part of H&S regulations.
A clever charity shop finds a helpful qualified volunteer and cleans up.
;-)

--
*Income tax service - We‘ve got what it takes to take what you've got.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.