dennis@home

"Hzatph" wrote in message
I have two questions that I am sure you can help me with.

1. I have been told that it is a requirement to have a room thermostat on
the heating system even if every radiator has a thermostatic valve. Is
this
the case? It would seem to be a nonsense.

Thermostatic radiator valves are a bodge.
They use a thermostat fitted to attempt to limit the amount of boiler
cycling that is need for the radiator valves to work.

The boiler has no way of knowing if any radiator needs heat ( other than the
one in the room with the thermostat) so expect to waste a lot of energy
compared to a system with individual room stats and motorised valves.

Its odd that the government thinks my 84% efficient boiler with individual
stats and valves is less efficient than a condensing boiler with no proper
control system.
Maybe it needs some new advisors rather than the trade bodies it listens
too.