John Rumm

madmax wrote:

IME, some are, some aren't. I spoke to one who was "just" a plasterer -
and would not bother with even internal rendering jobs.

Isn't internal rendering the definition of plastering?

Would you prefer, "would not work with sand/cement - only gypsum"...

Happy with the results?, yes I suppose they are "good enough" - I have
certainly seen better work turned out by "pros", but I have also seen
worse. I have no desire to make a career out of plastering though!

If you have all thoes plastering friends and you are merely "good
enough" why not get them to plaster for you.

Alas, not plastering "friends", but plasterers asked for quotes etc.
(one was a friend of a friend, but not sure if that counts!)

My problem is I dont have
any so had to learn 4 myself.

When it came to technique, so did I... the few tips I got on tools etc
helped though, hence why I was passing them on.

--
Cheers,

John.