Larry P

Hi Chris

I grew up with the same curiosity in all things electronic and electric. As
a little child ( maybe 5 or 6), I also took apart anything that ran on
electric to see how it worked and somtimes I fixed a few of those things.

I then went all the way to a full college degree in Electrical Engineering.
Today I see the Consumer Industry moving away from the old technology to
quickly designed, more disposable items. I do like the feel and quality of
my cheap VCR for $56. If it breaks I would toss it at that price. I could
replace the Mode switches in all the Old VCR's I have held on to but my time
and effort doesnt warrant it anymore. My time is worth more then the few
dollars I could sell the items for.
I really dont think a philosophical arguement applies here about the world
going the way of the cheap- throw- away society. The Electronic Industry is
just one more thing that got caught up in the "toss-it, its broke" way of
thinking. You like me just hate to throw good things out. I would suggest
donating them to some church or society and they can sell them at their next
rummage sale or fair. You would have done a great service for that group and
possibly a Tax write-off

Good luck and I suggest like someone else stated here, that maybe you could
venture into the higher priced items, whereas the people arent so easy to
toss out a $2000 Projection TV or a well made Tube Guitar Amp.

Larry