Gary Walker

"Ron(UK)" wrote in message
Mark D. Zacharias wrote:
However, I can crank

up the volume to full, and faintly hear the audio

Sounds like maybe the tape monitor is engaged. Maybe nothing wrong worth

the
amp. Even if the amp does have a problem, the A-RV401 is a nice model,

worth
repair.

Mark Z.

Just a thought, but it hasn`t got those linking plugs or jumpers
between the preamp and power amps has it? have they been removed, or has
some other piece of kit been disconnected?

Ron

--
Lune Valley Audio
Public address system

Unfortunately, I don't fully understand "linking plugs",
and never really have fully understood "preamp" vs.
"power amp". But, I can say this:

The system(components:tuner, amplifier, headphones)
were in use the previous evening ~22:30-23:30, with-
out sign of failure. This system has been used daily for
10 years.

Proceeding to use the system during the subsequent
day and, no audio.... I guess something could have
wiggled loose, but since I can get this faint audio, and
I have done a cursory "reset" of all rear panel attach-
ments, I just assume it's gone.

Although this system is only used for 1-2 hour periods
at a time, it will sometimes remain on for 24 hour periods.

Although not electronically oriented myself, I have to
assume these things have a MTBF. I guess after 10
years of flawless service, my number's up. Additionally,
the components are positioned in a very dusty area, and
haven't been cleaned since new. Actually, it's no more
dusty that any other room, but due to lack of cleaning,
it appears very dusty.

IOW. The whole thing is located in a music room, with
other instruments and junk(need I say more?).

Thanks,

Gary