tony weikert

If you have access to the next to last issue of WOOD magazine (June/July
2005), there are plans for a simple workbench. It uses standard 2X's and
your choice for a top. I used a solid core door covered with 1/8"
hardboard. It's rock solid and cost me less than $100.

"Jon" wrote in message
Hi all

I just moved into a new house and the basement is basically a blank slate.
I would like to make a bench approx 6ft long for working on and
miscellaneous things. I am not a carpenter by any stretch of the
imagination, so I am wondering if anyone has any plans for a very basic
work
bench for a beginner carpenter.
Thanks for any input.