Upscale

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
My main bench is 36", which is "too tall" by the usual rules. I find it
perfect for plaining and chisel work, whether standing or sitting (which I
do a lot, for close work). I can also saw on this bench because I use

I'd expect that unless you're especially tall in the upper body, sitting at
a 36" bench would be pretty close to eye level. That seems kind of awkward
to me. It's fine for seeing, but holding hands up to do everything at eye
level would get tiring extremely fast. I should know because I'm sitting all
the time.