Andy Dingley

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 10:58:34 GMT, "Chris Jung"
wrote:

Any suggestions
for optimal working ergonomics?

No - I just don't believe there is such a thing. It's all too dependent
on what you're doing, and how you do it. Go with what's comfortable for
you.

My main bench is 36", which is "too tall" by the usual rules. I find it
perfect for plaing and chisel work, whether standing or sitting (which I
do a lot, for close work). I can also saw on this bench because I use
Japanese saws, but I find it unusably high for Western saws.

My cabinet saw, planer and second bench are all 33", which is about the
standard. I always found this bench too low - one reason for building
its successor.

The router table is 31", for convenient manufacture, and should maybe be
33" instead.

My assembly table is 27". This is definitely too low to work on, but
it's useful when there's a piece on top of it and I'm not trying to peer
over the top. For big pieces I might even put a pallet on the floor with
a sheet of plywood and a blanket.