"Nick Müller" skrev i en meddelelse
Glenn Ashmore wrote:

That VAT really kills you guys.

They will raise it next year here in Germany. The year after, government
will be bankrupt. :-(

You think its bad in Germany?..

Try 25% on everything, like here.. And no, its not lower on food like it is
on your side of the Border..

The fuel prices are rediculous too.. Diesel fuel costs about 5 US$ per
gallon here and the price keeps going up at a scary rate... I was thinking
of converting the van to run on plant oil, but unlike Germany, the plant oil
for automotive use is taxed like diesel here, so if you want the conversion
to pay off in an economical sense you need to cheat the tax people ( this is
relatively easy with the plant oil trick, but damned expensive if you get
caught )

Maybe its time to become a religious organisation and see about getting a
tax exempt like that amusement park in the US I heard about recently..

/peter