Bob Engelhardt

jok18 wrote:
... I have looked into building bat houses, ...

In 1987 we did some remodeling that temporarily left small openings to
the attic. Bats moved in and when we finished the remodeling and
evicted them, I built a bat house so they would stay around. Well, of
course they didn't use the bat house! For 11 years it was empty and
then they moved in. They moved into the attic in a matter of weeks, but
it took them 11 years for the bat house!

Those mosquito magnet type devices are SO expensive and the reviews
show at best a mixed result. ...

Our small-town weekly newspaper is called "The Mosquito" in recognition
of the town's most prominent resident. A lot of people buy mosquito
magnets and a lot of them wind up at the dump! Something as expensive
as a M-M at the dump can only mean one thing: it didn't work. However,
some people do have success with them.

Bob