"Apples and oranges. CONGRESS had declared a war.
It wasn't invasion by an executive branch dictatorship. "

LOL. Yes and CONGRESS gave the approval for the war in Iraq too, based
on exactly the same information that President Bush had. And what
about Clinton's actions in Bosnia, Somalia, Kosovo, Sudan, etc?
Congress never gave approval in any way for them. So, by your logic
he's a mass murderer too.

"But according to the latest polls,
60 percent of the American people expected him to at least
TELL THE TRUTH about the situation before committing
our armed forced to fight and die. "

Which he did. Look up the definition of a lie.

"Blix wanted another six months. That's all. "

Yeah, just another six months after more than a decade. LOL. Keep
playing Sadam's game. Delay, stall, cooperate just a little, see how
much more he could get away with. Meanwhile, according to Iraq,
100,000 children had died in that decade of economic sanctions, while
Sadam built more palaces and continued murdering his people.

"No, what we'll eventually get in Iraq will be exactly what we
eventually got in Iran, when their own brutal dictaor (the Shah)
was overthrown: a corrupt oligarchic theocracy twice as bad
as the government it replaced. "

Only if we let whining losers like you who want us to leave in defeat
prevail. Imagine a world where most countries were willing to do the
right thing. All of this would have been unneccesary. Had our so
called allies, France, Germany and other countries like Russia and
China all taken a stand against the evil in Iraq, an invansion could
have been avoided. All they had to say was, this is it, either you
straighten up, stop killing your own people, fully cooperate with the
UN weapons inspectors or we will all come get you and try you as a war
criminal, and it would have been very likely that Sadam would have
complied. Instead, clowns like the French and you want to just keep
saying, ohh, just another six months, all the while continuing to trade
and support the SOB. But that won't happen again, will it?