madmax

On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 01:50:14 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

IME, some are, some aren't. I spoke to one who was "just" a plasterer -
and would not bother with even internal rendering jobs.

Isn't internal rendering the definition of plastering?

I also know a
couple who as you say do both. A few strategic questions did manage to
elicit some info from them. They always use SS trowels for finish work
(which to be honest I ignored to start with!), and they do tend to break
them in for a bit on rendering jobs first.

Happy with the results?, yes I suppose they are "good enough" - I have
certainly seen better work turned out by "pros", but I have also seen
worse. I have no desire to make a career out of plastering though!

If you have all thoes plastering friends and you are merely "good
enough" why not get them to plaster for you. My problem is I dont have
any so had to learn 4 myself.