Peter Parry

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 00:06:44 +0100, Martin Angove
wrote:

For normal domestic cables, I suspect something which is basically round
and with a minimum usable diameter of 8mm may be slightly restrictive.

There are three ranges covering 3-13, 8-28 and 20-40.

Also at the lower end of its range, it's going to need a very deep
hole.

About 20mm. I've used the smallest ones extensively for cat5,
telephone and aerial cables and they are neat, simple, quick and
reliable. I've clipped some 1.5mm T&E with them as well and the
results were certainly better than I normally get with cable clips
and in a small fraction of the time.

Great idea for larger bundles,
though I do wonder about its strength when holding an inch-diameter
bundle of cables (as is suggested it is suitable for). Length of chunky
SWA anyone?

With the smaller ones in brick you can pull very hard on them and
nothing moves, I've not tried the larger ones but I've used a similar
wall plug but with a cable ties slot moulded on the end to hold 4"
bundles of cat5 on a warehouse wall and it's been there several
years.

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/