Ron(UK)

Chris F. wrote:
As a child in the 1980's,

snipped for brevity

I look forward to your input on this subject; I'm guessing the vast
majority of you guys are going through the same thing.

I was much the same as you, repairing vcr`s, satellite receivers and hi
fi, whilst wifey repaired microwave ovens. Business dropped from being
pretty busy to just twiddling our thumbs within a few months as the
supermarkets started selling white and brown goods at knock down prices.
Microwave oven for £29.50 (around $50 I thnk) - VRC for £40. I had to
do a major rethink of my business plan!

Luckily I also repair musicians sound equipment so that keeps me going,
Most musicians will hang on to their treasured amplifiers etc, and
there`s always a market for reconditioned equipment. Having said that,
with all the new incredibly low cost Chinese sound equipment coming onto
the market, I can see that business going the same way, but to a lesser
degree than the TV and vcr repair business.

Ron (UK)

--
Lune Valley Audio
Public address system