Karl Vorwerk

No need for a belfry. Build a bat house.
http://habitat.ms11.net//bat/bathome.htm
metal content: nails
Karl

"Jerry Foster" wrote in message
m...
If you put a valve on the sprayer so that you could turn it off when you
were not using the pool, it would keep evaporation and cooling to a
minimum.
Whether you'd have enough pressure in the filter return to get a decent
spray is another question.

Or you could build a belfry, cast some nice bells for it (metal
content...)
and invite a bevy (flock?? herd???) of bats to take up residence in it.

A friend of mine was once the curator of a museum that sat alongside a
river
at the edge of a forest. We spent many a pleasant hour sitting on the
museum porch on a warm summer evening, talking and watching the bats soar
overhead. But then some high ranking idiot in the employ of the state
(which owned the museum) ordered the bats exterminated. In short order,
the
swarms of mosquitos soon became so thick that it looked like a bit of fog
rolling in. Needless to say, there was no more sitting out on the
porch...

Jerry
"Corry Clark" wrote in message

jok18 wrote:

I know I don't have to inform most that it's mosquito season once
again. My porch is swarming so that I can't come in the door without
invited guests.

A friend of mine runs fans on her porch to keep the critters away. I
had thought about installing a ceiling fan by the front door and
running it night and day. Has anyone else tried this with success?

I don't have any standing water on my property, but I do have loads of
woods around that stay dark and damp.

In cruising the posts on this group I saw a mention of Pyrethrin
thermal fog being used. Where would you get this and a fogger that
would be useful for an individual?

I have often wondered what they eat when I'm not around. (O:

They drive me nuts in the evening when I want to swim. Have been

considering
placing a tee in the return line from my filter and setting up a spray to
produce a continuous spray over the center of my pool. I tend to think

that it
would lower the water temp and some water loss to evaporation.

Anyone ever try something like this?