Don Young

I am not sure of your situation but if you have a door at the same level as
a weather exposed slab you will have trouble with rain water running under
the door. Even the best of seals and a slope away from the door will not
prevent wind driven water from entering. Unless you can tolerate this you
need a step down from the door to the outside slab if at all possible. I am
lowering a 6'x12' concrete porch because of this problem.
Don Young

"Fr@nk" wrote in message
"Norminn" wrote in message

There is caulk that can be used over expansion joints to keep water/ice
out. Leaves them flexible, which is the whole idea so it doesn't crack
or push against your basement wall.

Thanks for the tips, guys. I'm glad I didn't start this project without
planning for the expansion strip.

Fr@nk