Walter R.

Default Ho do I run a cable through the garage ceiling?

I need to run a TV cable from the inside of my garage through the finished
ceiling in the garage (sheetrock), into the attic.

I understand that there is a problem with making holes in walls or ceilings
in the garage, leading to living quarters or to the attic.

How can I stay within code while running this cable through the ceiling in
my garage? Do I need special fittings or can I just knock a hole in the
ceiling, run the cable and patch up the hole around the cable with patching
compound?

Thank you

--
Walter