Andy Sullivan

wrote in message oups.com...
"None of those other people committed our troops to go fight
and die for "bad intelligence". None of those other people
are mass murderers. "

Look in the dictionary and see if under the defintion of a lie it says
anything about it involving the commitment of troops. The fact that
you would refer to President Bush as a mass murder, tells us what you
really are about. By your perverted logic, Roosevelt, Churchill and
Truman were mass murders too because a lot of innocent people died in
WWII.

Apples and oranges. CONGRESS had declared a war.
It wasn't invasion by an executive branch dictatorship.

"It is up to the President of the United States to not commit
treason by committing our armed forces under false pretense
and "bad intelligence". "

Yeah, right and intelligence is always perfect in your little world.
And everyone of the liberal dreamers you just love, did everything they
could to gut the US intelligence community for decades. The
intelligence community couldn't even see the collapse of the Soviet
Union coming, yet you expect them to have 100% knowledge of exactly
what Iraq is up to? LOL

Congrats, every bit of that is wrong. No one expected Bush
to know 100% of anything. But according to the latest polls,
60 percent of the American people expected him to at least
TELL THE TRUTH about the situation before committing
our armed forced to fight and die.

"To the contrary, there's not been a single shred of evidence Iraq
lied about their WMD capability, or rather their lack of it. The
simple fact is, Bush couldn't allow UN inspections to be
completed, because they would have shown no evidence of
WMD, which then would have destroyed any justification for
an invasion"

Yeah right. Couldn't let them be completed? How long were we supposed
to wait?

Blix wanted another six months. That's all. If you're claiming
Hussein represented such an "urgent threat" (Bush's term) to
U.S. national security that another six months would have made
a goddamned bit of difference to anything, you'll have to pardon
the rest of us while we tell you you're bald-faced liars.

Iraq through the inspectors out in the Clinton
administration. Forget about that? Then, even with 100,000 US troops
on Iraqs borders, they still were not fully cooperating with the UN
inspectors. Had we listened to you and France, the troops would have
come home, only to have Sadam start his games all over again. But he
can;t do that now, can he?

No, what we'll eventually get in Iraq will be exactly what we
eventually got in Iran, when their own brutal dictaor (the Shah)
was overthrown: a corrupt oligarchic theocracy twice as bad
as the government it replaced. And at least 1800 Americans,
probably many more will be rotting in the ground for absolutely
nothing. Remember Vietnam? 58,000+ American kids,
average age NINE-****ING-TEEN, dead. For nothing.